Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

"Our awareness is all that is alive and maybe sacred in any of us. Everything else about us is dead machinery."

This morning, I haunted my newly found and newly favorite dumpling shack for breakfast. Dumplings, I thought, surely are the breakfast of champions. However, I was wrong. As I sat down on a short stool in a one room fits all (including the stove, work counter, cahier, A/C, TV [all in the confines of half of the room you are currently sitting in]), I noticed what the gentleman across the table was eating for breakfast. Dumplings... and beer. Yes, at 8 in the morning, he pounded back a 22oz bottle of beer in 10 minutes and went off to work, shouting on his cell phone all the while.

Beer: Breakfast of Champions. And so on.

1 comment: